Re: GAS 2.11.1 doesn't work for sh-hitachi-coff

Hi Hartmut,

> this didn't help.

Darn :-(

> I noticed two additional dwarf2 calls in tc-sh.c
>
> const pseudo_typeS md_pseudo_table[] =
> {
>   {"file", dwarf2_directive_file, 0 },
>   {"loc", dwarf2_directive_loc, 0 },
>
> dwarf2_directive_file gets called

Oh dear - then gcc really is generating DWARF2 line number
information.  This should only happen if DWARF2_ASM_LINE_DEBUG_INFO is
defined, and according to the latest CVS sources that is only defined
in gcc/config/sh/elf.h.  I assume that this header is not included in
your sh-coff configuration (but you could check the Makefile in your
gcc build directory to make sure), so maybe it is defined in another
header that you are including.  Can you check ?

Just supressing the support for .file and .loc in gas/config/tc-sh.c
will not work, since they will turn up as unrecognised pseudo ops.  We
really need to find out why they are being generated by gcc for a COFF
based configuration.

Cheers
        Nick