Re: Partial symbol export vs --export-dynamic

  Jean-Francois> Isn't it the other way around? If I'm trying to distribute a multi-platform
  Jean-Francois> package which may use the native compiler but the GNU linker,
  Jean-Francois> and if the native compiler mangles names differently
  Jean-Francois> than gcc, I'd have to distribute different "exports files" for the different
  Jean-Francois> compilers, whereas if the file accepts demangled names, there should
  Jean-Francois> be no such problem. Admitedly, this is a somewhat contrived example.

If the export file permits human-readable C++ symbols to be listed,
then it becomes the linker's job to mangle the file's contents.  Now
the linker needs to know how every compiler might mangle the symbols.

Ben