Re: PATCH : Gas ppc aix .comm default alignment

>This is a patch for ppc .comm and .lcomm symbol alignment.

I'm not qualified to comment on the technicalities of the patch, though I have
some stylistic remarks.

If the patch is approved, please check it in to the 2.11 branch as well as the
trunk.

>+ 2000-06-18  Tom Rix <trix@redhat.com>
>+
>+ 	* config/tc-ppc.c (ppc_comm) : change default alignment to 4 bytes
>+

Please send your ChangeLog entry as plain text, not as a diff.  Also, please
format the changelog entries the same way as the others in the file: no space
before the colon, start your sentence with a capital letter, and end it with a
full stop.

>  /* The .comm and .lcomm pseudo-ops for XCOFF.  XCOFF puts common
>     symbols in the .bss segment as though they were local common
>!    symbols, and uses a different smclas.  The native Aix 4.3.3 assember
>!    aligns .comm and .lcomm to 4 bytes */

Similarly, please end comments with a full stop and two spaces.

p.

PGP signature