Re: windres bug.

DJ Delorie wrote:

> If, however, you've discovered (or patched it so) that windres does
> work with ELF output files, then the solution is to change configure
> so that windres is built for those configurations which it supports.
> Expecting the user to manually specify that it should be built doesn't
> seem like the right thing to do; if it's supported for a given
> platform we should just build it.

Just to clarify the issue of ELF.  I was looking for a native RES
compiler that would run under linux and discovered the windres package
within the binutils source.  Decided to try compiling it under gcc so
that it could be run natively under linux.  It did compile, and other
than the problem with the header computation, will create the RES file
for use with kylix (linux version of Borland Delphi).

It seems to run okay as an ELF compiled binary, nothing goofy seems to
happen when I run it.  But, I only use it to create RES files that only
contain bitmaps.  I don't know how it would behave for other resources.
BTW. It 'decompiles' the RES files into an RC okay (again, bitmaps --
BMP).

Regards,

TomW