Re: prototypes ld/

Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au> writes:

> The following should fix gas/as.h.  I'll make a similar change to
> macro.c  Any reason why we shouldn't do this?  Ian?
>
> 	* as.h (alloca): Test HAVE_ALLOCA_H before __GNUC__.
> 	Comment indentation of #pragma.

You shouldn't do that.  When using gcc, you want to use gcc's alloca.
The system <alloca.h> may redefine alloca to be something else which
gcc won't recognize and may not even implement.  On a GNU/Linux
system, or any system which uses gcc as a native compiler, your patch
will work fine, but on some other systems it will not.

Ian