Re: What's the problem of objdump386?

Hi Freeman,

: I'm using objdump386(provided with vxWorks 5.4) to disassemble an
: image file. But it seems the information it provided was wrong.

Since you are using a VxWorks product, you probably ought to contact
them directly.  They do provide their own support for these tools.

: Then I tried to  disassemble some object files with it, and found
: some of the files were correctly dumped, but most of them are wrong.

With a problem like this it is very helpful if you can provide an
example of how objdump is failing to disassemble the image.  Also it
really helps if you can provide a *small* reproducible example of the
problem which will let us examine it in detail.

: I guess it's because of some kind of offset which I don't
: know. Could you tell me what's the problem and is there a newer
: version that addresses this problem ?

Without more information we cannot diagnose the problem.  It is likely
however that you do have an old version of the objdump utility.  The
latest release is version 2.11.2.  (Run "objdump386 -v" to find out
which version you have).  You can download the latest sources and
build your own copy by visiting the FSF's FTP site (or one of its
mirrors).

Cheers
	Nick