Re: ld-auto-import memory bug fixing

Hi Ralf,

> 1. I recognized, that for any input file read by bfd one symboltab
> is present, not one for any section. Isn't it 	?

Err, I do not think that this is quite right.  For example dynamic
sections have their own symbol table, seperate from the normal symbol
table.

> The best thing, I think, is in using the bfd structure to hold a
> pointer to the cached canonicalized bfd symbol table. I've found a
> bfd struct member called "usrdata" which was used by ldlang.c, which
> seems to hold ld specific data relating to bfd's in a
> lang_input_statement_type struct
>
> My question currently is which the better is, adding members to this
> struct or to add additional members to the bfd struct.

I would suggest keeping the number of changes to BFD small and so
using usrdata to point to your own structure.

> I have to say one limitation to this. Such cached symbol tables
> should not be manipulated. They should be used only read only. Is
> this real ?

Unless you want to modify large parts of bfd then I would say yes.

Cheers
        Nick