Re: Patch to ld/pe-dll.c: Use explicit lookup for filering excluded objects

DJ Delorie wrote:

>>+	    strstr ( p,"crt")) 	 /* Quick check */
>>

> Does this really help?  If not, why make the code more complicated
> that it needs be?

It might help, a little -- but probably not enough to warrant uglifying
the code.  Other than that, I like this patch (if that matters).

> And would we need the lengths in the table still, with this patch?

Yes, afptr->len is used in the "exclude prefix" and "exclude suffix"
tests farther down in auto_export().  Now, as you point out, we don't
really need the lengths in autofilter_objlist[]'s entries -- but then
we'd have to define a separate type for it.  Right now:

autofilter_symbollist
autofilter_liblist
autofilter_objlist
autofilter_symbolprefixlist
autofilter_symbolsuffixlist

are all arrays of "autofilter_entry_type" (struct with one string field
and one int field).  We don't use the length field from

autofilter_liblist
autofilter_objlist (with this patch)
autofilter_symbollist

but we do use it from