Re: Patch to ld/pe-dll.c: Use explicit lookup for filering excluded objects

Danny Smith wrote:

>>And would we need the lengths in the table still, with this patch?
>>

> No. Nor does autofilter_symbollist. I have changed both to simple arrays of
> char* and calculated fixed array length once at file level.
>
> Revised patch tested on mingw32.

Sigh.  I'm not as enthusiastic about this change.  dunno why, call it
stylistic, but I liked the parallelism of the five loops, and using the
same data structures for each list.  Also, the addition of yet more
static variables (even if they are auto-calculated) just seems hackish,
compared to the standard "loop until NULL" structure that was in use
before.  This to me seems to be a stylistic regression.  But it *will*
work, so I can't object to it on practical grounds.

Or maybe I'm just being overly paternalistic to my own code. <g>

--Chuck