Re: linker problem

Hi Nick,

I am using the linker in gcc3... The problem is that I was cross-compiling some
of the objects files from an intel assemler on windows .... the debugging info
sections generated from the assembler was not in ELF (which is COFF32) format,
although other sections are... And the gcc linker may get problems of the
incompatability.. After I turn -d debug off, things are ok.

Can I ask a question related to this: we were using a flag -d debug, for
assembler to generated COFF32 debug info for onjects.. is there any other flag
for "cl" Intel 64 assembler installed on windows 32 bit machine, that we can
use to generate ELF debug info sections for object.??

If there is no options for generate debug info in ELF.... As I didn't work on
any linkerscript.. is there any way I can play insied the linkerscripts so I
can low level change debug info sections ----> from COFF32 to ELF... ensure
there is no overlap?

thanks
eric