Re: More i386 architectures?

[Get raw message]
> On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 04:24:58PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>
>> Sorry you've lost me here.  I'm refering to a data structure provided by
>> BFD and used by GDB to identify architectures and architecture variants.
>

> What I meant is that getting bfd to return a bitmask would be
> healthier than enumerating every ia32-compatible cpu ever produced.
> Not that we're really set up to do that, but I suppose it could
> be emulated with clever choices of enumeration codes.

Sorry, I'm still lost.  If the user specified i386:p4 then I think they
should get all the features specified in the P4 ISA doco.  Separate to
that, the user might decide to configure that P4 so that certain
features (such as xmm) are or are not available or that certain h/w bugs
are or are not present ...

Perhaps BFD's architecture object needs extending to include such info.

Andrew