Re: RFC: Mips option parsing patch

> Is this patch for mainline or the upcoming release branch?  Any chance
> it could just be the branch, if that wasn't the idea all along?  I can
> see the need for the next release to be compatible with gcc 3.0, but
> I'm not sure why CVS mainline has to be, especially since CVS gcc
> ought to work with the new scheme.

If it's a workaround it should be branch only. I was considering the
possibility of making mips1/2 set gp32 and mips3/4 set gp64 (unless
otherwise overridden).

This still screams of a hack to me, but will give the most backwards
compatibility for people doing things like:

-march=foo -mipsX

-eric

--
Fridays are not "pants optional"