Re: Minor PA GAS testsuite fix

  > On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 09:20:25AM -0500, law@redhat.com wrote:
  > >
  > > The line separator test is expected to fail on PA platforms.
  > >
  > > 	* gas/hppa/parse/parse.exp: Expect failure on line separator bug.
  >
  > Huh?
  >
  > Running /src/binutils-current/gas/testsuite/gas/hppa/parse/parse.exp ...
  > PASS: line separator bug
The problem here is that the test in the net tree was incorrectly changed
(by moving around some whitespace).  That change masked the underlying
bug in gas.  The line separator test still fails if it's returned to its
original form:

        .WORD 0 !.IMPORT $bar$,DATA

I'm restoring the test to its original form so that we don't falsely believe
that the line separator actually works in a manner that is consistent with
the HP assembler's behavior.

Jeff

ps.  I consider this incompatibility relatively minor, particularly since I
no longer have to assemble large amounts of hand-written PA assembler code :-)
But there was a time when this bug was annoying enough that I decided to
add it to the testsuite...