Re: Fw: maintainer change for OpenRisc

"Marko Mlinar" <markom@opencores.org> writes:

> Hi guys!
>
> Can anybody please help us with this? Or at least can you tell me what is
> the
> procedure how to add a new port. Is there any FAQ on this?
> Do I need CVS write access or must I supply a patch?

I guess - but I'm not the official binutils, just a port maintainer:
This list is the right place.

For adding a new port, we first need a copyright assignment to the
FSF.  Without assignment to the FSF, we cannot accept the port.
Follow the instructions given in
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2001-10/msg00593.html.

For adding the code, you need to supply a patch.  CVS write access
helps but is optional.

> thanks,
>   Marko

Can Johan send an email confirming this?

>> put all the tools we already have into official versions. Original work by
>> Johan
>> was done using CGEN, but ours does not use it.

>> If it is possible, we would also like to change openrisc name to something
>> more familiar - the name we use: "or1k" (actually architecture name) or
>> "or32" (implemetation name).

IMO or1k or or32 is less familiar - I would prefer openrisc.  But
that's your choice, I don't see a technical reason for changing this.

Join this list (binutils@sources.redhat.com).

>> Are there any requests for source code?

Let's first get the copyright issues fixed,

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de