GNU ld for Mingw-host

 Hi, has someone worked with porting the binutils for Mingw lately? (Not only
as the target...)

 Finally and by an accident I became aware that the 'ld/emultempl/elf32.em'
and it using 'stat()', could be the reason to the fact that all the Mingw-
hosted GNU linkers for the ELF-systems using shared '.so' libraries fail in
finding those 'NEEDED' or 'linked' shared libraries, the '-rpath-link' having
no influence at all now...

 Perhaps the "This file is is generated by a shell script.  DO NOT EDIT!" in
it has scared the Mingw porters... But real hackers just shouldn't care...

 So, has someone already tried to fix this file for Mingw yet ?  Or do all the
efforts happen for the Mingw-target only ? Currently the bug hurts all the possible
Linux/XYZ-targets, Solaris2, SVR4, FreeBSD, NetBSD etc. using shared ELF-libraries,
when trying to run cross-tools under Windoze...

 If not, I will try that... Just trying to make sure that not reinventing the
wheel...

Cheers, Kai