SHT_GROUP Support in binutils

Alan,
  I've noticed that you added SHT_GROUP support into binutils back in Oct
2001. Could you please tell me what else is on your list in this area? Are
you going to provide complete COMDAT support specified by IA64-ABI?
It seems that gas relies on the assembly file to specify what sections form
a group and what's the name of the group, are those information going to be
generated by GCC? If so, do you know if anybody is working in this problem?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

----
Jessica Han
Open Source Tools