Re: 2.12 update

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > > So - are there any more issues that you want fixed before release?
> On Sat, Jan 19, 2002 at 02:13:53AM -0500, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > - Move "relax" from ld.h:args_type to struct bfd_link_info.
> > - Add PTR target_data to struct bfd_link_info.
 than
> These two I'm not so sure about.  Do they solve problems?

The latter is needed for the MMIX stuff I mentioned, or else I
have to continue to use the coff-specific (so it seems; not
documented) base_file member in struct bfd_link_info.  Having
"relax" in bfd_link_info isn't really necessary, but the
relaxation machinery is more a bfd thing than a ld thing, so
it's definitely more convenient to have it available in bfd.
As I mentioned for example, a target can set it (only) when
necessary, like when some presumably costly relaxation only
needs to be done if certain relocs are present.  So yes they
solve problems, but it is possible to handle them other ways and
I think they're not worth holding up a release for.  But that's
not really what you asked; you asked for "issues [I] want fixed
before the release".  That's what they are, nothing more or
less.  FWIW, Nick though those changes would be positive.

brgds, H-P