Re: bfd/archures.c and bfd_mach_ppc

On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 08:45:33AM -0500, Jimi X wrote:

>  AM> Hmm, I guess the real bug is in
>  AM> the order in which the archs are scanned.  cpu-powerpc.c ought to
>  AM> look at bfd_mach_ppc _last_. Could you try the attached diff?
>
> yes, this solves that problem, thankyou.
>
> This is no biggie.. but..
> I wanted to create a cpu-powerpc.c 64-bit default definition that was
> not the powerpc_620 since someone might define a core register set for
> it. So I added:
>     {
>     64,	/* 64 bits in a word */
>     64,	/* 64 bits in an address */
>     8,	/* 8 bits in a byte */
>     bfd_arch_powerpc,
>     bfd_mach_ppc,
>     "powerpc",
>     "powerpc:common",
>     3,
>     BFD_DEFAULT_TARGET_SIZE == 64, /* default for 64 bit target */
>     powerpc_compatible,
>     bfd_default_scan,
>     &bfd_powerpc_archs[13]
>   },
>
> (following you changes I made it the second last), unfortunately now
> that bfd_mach_ppc still is 0 the first entry becomes the default.
>
> so I added:
>   .#define bfd_mach_ppc64		1
> to archures.c and used it in the entry above.
>
> is this cool with you?

Yes, seems reasonable to me, although you might want to change the
printable_name entry to "powerpc:common64".  Geoff Keating is powerpc
binutils maintainer though, so he might want to have a say.  Geoff,
the above is on top of
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-01/msg00545.html
Any objections to the above idea?

--