Re: SH @(expr,pc) fix-ups broken

On Jan 31, 2002, Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp@bitrange.com> wrote:

> On 31 Jan 2002, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> This patch contains part of a test that Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote while
>> contracting with Red Hat, and a fix for the bug it currently exposes.
>> I'm not convinced the test is correct, and I couldn't find any
>> rationale behind the `-4' (perhaps it just worked like that at that
>> time? :-).  H-P?

> Well, I don't think I wrote that test, if you mean pcrel.[sd].

Oops!  I had just assumed as much, because by that time you wrote a
number of tests for SH as part of the project we were working on.  But
it turned out that this particular test had been written by DJ.  My
apologies.

> I also *think* I would have been inquisitive about the "-4" in that
> test if I'd seen it.

I'd expected as much, your being one of the maintainers of the SH port
of binutils, so I just assumed it was correct, even though I didn't
think it should be.

> Another thing is I probably couldn't write that much SH4 code.  :-)

:-D

>> IMO, the `-4' should be taken out

> Yeah.  But I suggest you doublecheck with Joern.

I wonder if he still reads this list.  Well, I'll see if I can get him
to have a look into it.

>> Comments?

> (You should send patches in-line so they can be quoted, and:)

Err...  This one had disposition inline.  Sometimes I forget to change
it from attachment to inline, but I've just checked that I did it for
this patch.

> Please s/dump.o/.*/.  I think you also need to match more than
> "elf32-sh" on that same line (not endian, but coff) or restrict
> the test to sh*-elf.

Odd...  I thought I had changed it to .*.  Thanks for catching these.
I'll submit a new patch after checking with Joern.

Again, my apologies for the mis-attribution.