Re: Branching for 2.12

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 05:29:51AM +1100, Danny Smith wrote:
> This bug is still present on mingw  target.
>
> RE: http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2002-01/msg00477.html
>

> I am still having probelms with dll import libs built with ld -shared
> since hash lookup of sections was introduced  on 2001-12-17.
>
> With this testcase, test,c
> /* test.c */
> int __attribute__((dllexport))
> dll_int (int i)
> {
>   return i * i;
> }
>
> and using binutils from 20011216,
> this script

I'm sorry, but since no one has stepped forward to look at this it will
not be fixed in 2.12 (which is getting rapidly closer).

I spent all of this evening attempting to build a mingw32 toolchain.  I
can't do it; no matter what I try gcc dies unable to find limits.h when
building winsup.

I hacked around that, and was able to build a 'bad' DLL.  Looking at
make_head, I bet I know what is wrong, but I don't know how to fix it:
offsets in one section pointing into another following section.  The
sections are presumably coming out in a different order.

So either someone else feels like fixing this, or it waits.