Re: mips 64-bit address generation is broken.

>  There is simply no excuse for not using ELF64 these days.  Its handling
> from a user's (where a user may be libelf, or whatever client code) point
> of view is almost identical to ELF32, since only the address width
> differs.  And you simply cannot express 64-bit addresses reliably in ELF32
> (not even mentioning aesthetic issues) -- depending on exact values they
> may work or not.  And if you know from elsewhere they work, then just use
> 32-bit addresses as you are only wasting bits anyway.

Well, other than ELF64 not existing for MIPS yet. :) Now, breaking
existing functionality is not something I want to do. Now, as soon as
elf64 support is finished for mips then I can see making the default
elf64 and dropping support for strange combinations, until then...

-eric

--
I will not use abbrev.