as section problem ?

Hi !

I have a small problem, I want my .text segment to be writable so I have
added the line:

.section .text, "rwx"

To my .s file, but when I run as I get the message:
"Warning: Ignoring changed section attributes for .text"

And the .text section does not get any writeable attribut, (I am using as
2.11.90, coff format). So what is the correct way to get the .text section
writable ?, and do I have to pass any options to linker also ?

Note: I don't have any other .section or .text statement in the file, there
is only one.

Mikael