PalmOS (m68k-palmos-coff)

Hello,

I looking at starting to do some development for the PalmOS.
One of the instructions for prc-tools (used for doing development for
PalmOS) is to make binutils-2.9.1 with --target=m68k-palmos-coff,
AFTER applying a patch (which is attached).

Well, now that binutils-2.12 is out, I thought it'd be a good idea
to use the new version.  I was able to successfully make && install
binutils with --enable-targets=m68k-palmos-coff,i686-pc-linux-gnu

However, I want make sure that the changes which the patch are actually
completely included in the newest version.  Guessing it wouldn't work,
I tried to apply the patch to the 2.12 tree (using --dry-run). Wow,
that was fun.  Some of the patches were successfully applied. Some
were found hundres of lines off. Some wanted to go into reverse patch
mode.

So, after all that, does anyone know if binutils-2.12 is safe for
developing for the PalmOS? Please make sure to carbon me on the
response, as I am not on the mailling list.

Ryan

--
Ryan VanderBijl                              rvbijl@vanderbijlfamily.com