ld i386 differences 2.10.2 / 2.12

 Hello,

 I am having problems in using the new ld on my Gujin software at:

 With the same objects files generated by the 2.12 toolchain,
 so no problems with as-2.12, the line:
ld boot.o user.o debug.o malloc.o library.o disk.o libextra.o main.o gzlib.o
util.o vmlinuz.o mouse.o libext2fs.a -nostdlib -Tboot.lnk -Map=boot.map
--undefined=__ERROR --sort-common --cref --warn-section-align
--no-check-sections --gc-sections -o boot.elf

 works perfectly when I use 2.10.2 linker, but when using the 2.12 linker,
 I get:

 1) sections named ".rel.*" and I do not understand for which reason.
    The map file say:
.rel.text       0x00000000        0x0

.rel.text.add_valid_mode
                0x00000000        0x0

.rel.text.free_hardwin
                0x00000000        0x0
    I have and manage segments ".text", ".text.add_valid_mode" ... but
   can someone point me on which occasion the ".rel" are generated?
   They do not seem to be referenced anywhere, but I would like
   not to generate them.

 2) a lot of "prohibited cross reference" in between sections, probably
   due to the lines in boot.lnk (make boot.lnk):
NOCROSSREFS (.text .extra);
NOCROSSREFS (.extra_text .text_extra);
   while using intermediate segments .Xextra2text and .Xtext2extra
   which can themselves have cross references.

   I do not see the reason why this is only on ld-2.12, have the
   cross reference algorithm been changed to be recusive?

  If someone could give me a clue,
  Thanks,
  Etienne.