Re: binutils status ?

> I have a question, which can perhaps answer anyone:
>
> Does symbols, for which this patch is, are located in the text segment ?
>
> The reason for this questioin is, because for auto-imported symbols the
> first_thunk entry of the IMAGE_IMPORT_DESCRIPTOR points directly into the
> text segment to a pointer and not(!) to an
> IMAGE_IMPORT_BY_NAME structure, which lets the following codefragement
> crashes.
>
> peXXigen.c::pe_print_idata()
> <snip>
> 		    	--- get IMAGE_IMPORT_BY_NAME structure values ----
> 		      ordinal = bfd_get_16 (abfd, data + iat_member - adj);
> 		      member_name = (char *) data + iat_member - adj + 2;
> 		      fprintf (file, "\t%04lx\t %4d  %s\n",
> 			      (unsigned long) iat_member,
> 			      ordinal,
> 			      member_name);
> 		    }
>
> Or does anyone another idea how to solve this ?

I unfortunately don't have much information about the PE format. The patch I
submitted a few weeks ago was written to fix a segfault which occured when I
tried to use objdump with a .sys file. All I know is that the first thunk,
which was supposed to be present in a given section, was located in another
section.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

Laurent Pinchart