Re: Miscellaneous fixes for testsuite failures on hppa64-hp-hpux11.00

> On Thu, Jun 06, 2002 at 12:12:25AM -0400, John David Anglin wrote:
> > The only non-obvious fix is the one to tc-hppa.c.  In this case, the
> > expected assembler warning wasn't being produced under hppa64-hp-hpux11.00
> > because a forced relocation was being generated for the branch even
> > though there was no possibility that the branch could reach a long branch
> > stub.
>
> The linker should complain.  I can see it doesn't.  :-(

Yes, the linker should complain.  However, the main point of the fix was
to catch some of the errors in the assembler.  This wasn't working for
for the elf targets.

Oh, I should have mentioned that in debugging this I noticed that the
detection of the symbol '.' no longer worked.  This happened as a
result of a variety of patches which moved and changed the definition
of FAKE_LABEL_NAME.  Originally, it used to be L$0\001 on hppa.

Dave