Re: --enable-auto-import extension

Hi!

Wednesday, 03 July, 2002 Charles Wilson cwilson@ece.gatech.edu wrote:

CW> The new version looks good to me; I built and ran your test without
CW> problems.  I do have a suggestion for later, when
CW> --enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc is made the default: in pe-dll.c (around
CW> line 2209) change

CW> if (pe_dll_extra_pe_debug)
CW>    printf ("creating runtime pseudo-reloc entry for %s (addend=%d)\n",
CW>       fixup_name, addend);

CW> if (link_info.pei386_runtime_pseudo_reloc == -1)
CW>    info_msg (_("creating runtime pseudo-reloc entry for %s (addend=%d)\n"),
CW>       fixup_name, addend);

CW> So that if pseudo_reloc is implicitly enabled, print messages for each
CW> psuedo-reloc entry (but not all that other pe_dll_extra_pe_debug stuff).
CW>   It's not a warning, but its info the user probably needs to know if he
CW> didn't explicitly say "--enable-runtime-pseudo-reloc".

Agreed.

CW> The business with fork() and -DNO_RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_SUPPORT stuff in
CW> your example is a bit confusing -- do you have some pending
CW> patches to cygwin1.dll?

Yes, i've sent them yesterday to cygwin-patches@. Of course, they
should be added after new binutils package (in which ld exports
___RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST__ and ___RUNTIME_PSEUDO_RELOC_LIST_END__)
is released.

Or we can only export them in pe.sc for now, and go ahead with cygwin
(and mingw, if anybody's interested) change. It'd just have no effect
until full ld patch is applied.