Re: bfd/syms.c bfd_decode_symclass patch proposal for gprof problem

Jim Wilson <wilson@redhat.com> writes:

> It is used in binutils/rddbg.c, but that code seems pretty useless
> now, since it only handles the '-' type, and only aout targets return the
> '-' type.  Not many people use aout anymore.  My code doesn't emit '-' so there
> should be no effect here.

Not that it matters, but that code in rddbg.c is only called for a.out
targets anyhow.  The code is just trying to pick out the stabs entries
in the symbol table.

This patch looks OK to me, but somebody else should probably look at
it too.

Ian