Re: Binutils 2.13 branch created

On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 11:25:04AM -0400, Ben Elliston wrote:
> > There is one test failure on my i386-linux host (gasp flonums) which I
> > believe has been there for a while; I'd like to have either the problem
> > or the test fixed in the next week or so, if anyone wants to step up.
> > As usual, feel free to fix problems on the branch until we freeze it;
> > I'd appreciate being CC'd on any branch patches.
>
> I ran the testsuite for myself on a native i686-pc-linux-gnu gas and it
> completed with 0 failures.

False alarm.  The patch at "fault":

2002-02-21  Nick Clifton  <nickc@cambridge.redhat.com>

        * NEWS: Note that GASP is now deprecated.
        * Makefile.am: Do not build gasp-new by default.
        * Makefile.in: Regenerate.
        * doc/Makefile.am: Do not install gasp.info.
        * doc/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
        * gas/gasp.texi: Note that gasp is now deprecated.

There was already a buggy gasp in that directory; as a result, make
check picked it up and tested it.  However, when I rebuilt gasp by hand
the problem vanished.

Sorry for wasting everybody's time.