Re: sh-nto optimization

"Clarke, Stephen" <stephen.clarke@superh.com> said:

> The comment on the pic plt entries is not quite right: the
> value at label "1:" is the offset of the symbol in the got.  But
> the comment in the existing pic entries has the same mistake ...

I will fix it, thanks.

> What's the reason for the comment that the reduced plt stubs
> are only supported for sh4?  Is there any reason they
> wouldn't work on sh-1/2/3?

The comment is my bad habit.  When I think of SH, I think SH4.
There is no reason I can think of.

> Out of interest, do you observe a significant benefit from
> shrinking the plt entry size?

I am propogating someone else's optimization.  I do see a size
difference, and I am sure there would be a performance benefit
also, but I am not sure how big/small.  I will check.

Regards,
GP

mailto:Stephen.Clarke@superh.com