Re: Linux/PPC 32 bit problem with .data > 64M?

> From: mendell@ca.ibm.com
> Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:35:17 -0400

> Unfortunately, I can't just place the GOT before .data, because it has to
> be contiguous with .sbss (in order to use the same base register).

Yes, you have to move .sbss (and .sdata and so on) too.

> How do I arrange for multiple PDHR entries, and how much does it slow
> things down?

The linker will automatically work out how many PHDR entries are
needed, but the linker script may need to be tweaked to allocate more
space for PHDRs.

The slowdown isn't very significant for one object, especially since
it sounds like your application is very large and so other things will
dominate.  If you made every object have extra PHDR entries, though,
it would be significant.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>