Re: GNU LD and ARM ELF spec disagree about meaning of p_vaddr field

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 05:11:26PM +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:

 > However, loading kernels is often somewhat machine specific anyway, and so
 > it is common to have to diddle with the image generated by the linker to
 > produce something that the firmware can load.  So I doubt that would be a
 > fundamental stumbling block.

The only image fiddling that is necessary for NetBSD/arm (well, for most
cases, anyway) is a linker script that arranges things (and sets VMA and
LMA) properly.  It would be a real drag to have to write more tools because
this was suddenly broken.