Re: PATCH: Set xfail on empic for Linux/mips

On Mon, 2002-09-30 at 20:10, H. J. Lu wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 05:22:36PM -0700, Eric Christopher wrote:

> > > I won't simply call "branches to globals were broken". Alan's change
> > > exposed an old bug. It should work now.
> >
> > It's still broken, just papered over for right now.
> >

> It is no more broken than other black magics in the mips as.

Most of which are in md_apply_fix3 and tc_gen_reloc. Irrelevant.

> > The tests are still perfectly valid, and should be tested under
> > mips-linux, there's no reason why not.
>
> Those embedded PIC tests are still run under mips-linux. I just marked
> them xfail. I don't think any Linux/mips users will miss embedded PIC.
> Why should they get some unexpected failures when they run "make check"?

Should determine that they shouldn't be run first. They aren't expected
to fail, run them or not, but don't xfail them. Please revert this
patch. Do not commit another one about these testcases without first
discussing it.

Thanks.

-eric

--