Re: MIPS gas relaxation still doesn't work

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 06:06:24PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
> On Oct 14, 2002, "H. J. Lu" <hjl@lucon.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 05:20:55PM -0300, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>
> >> If it tries to fill delay slots and fails, I doubt the assembler is
> >> going to succeed at that.
>
> > Is that a way to tell gcc not to fill the delay slots with nop? If gcc
> > has nothing else to fill, do nothing and let gas do its thing.
>
> See above.  You'd be just wasting time.  If you have a testcase in
> which gcc tries to fill the delay slot and fails even though it could,
> you've found a bug in gcc, and this bug should be fixed.  Wasting time
> in the assembler trying again to do what gcc should have done is
> silly.

Have you ever tried g++.dg/opt/longbranch1.C in gcc 3.2 for ELF/mips?
I have asked it many times. No, you don't need a mips board. It is
a link only test. If you want, I can tell you where you can find a
complete cross toolchain for Linux/mips hosted on Linux/x86.

H.J.