Re: Howto change flags of a section?

Hi Thierry,

> I'm using bfd 2.9.1

That is a very old version.  We are now at release 2.13.

> and I'm wrtting a binutil that adds the flag SEC_EXCLUDE to a given
> section.

Why are you adding the flag after the section is created, rather than
adding it at the time that the section is created.

> I have used bfd_set_section_flags for it, but the flags of this
> section are not changed (for instance with objdump I can't see
> them).

One possibility you might like to investigate is the definition of
EXTRA_S_FLAGS for your particular port.  If SEC_EXCLUDE is not in
this list then this might be why you cannot set it.

Cheers
        Nick