Re: GOT Section Indexes

Hi

The problem in my case is that I dont know the GOT
symbol count before hand. So if I start from GOT index
0 to 1023 and if I encounter 1024,1025... GOT symbols,
how can I go to the negative index?

Should I start first GOT entry from negative Index in
that case?? In that case I need to rewrite the .got.

Am also wondering how about starting from -1024 itself
and growing to 1023, there by avoiding this problem.

But the linkers and libraries guide says,

 "_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_ can reside in the middle of
the .got section, allowing both negative and
nonnegative subscripts"

Is there a feasible solution available for this
problem.

Thanks
Dorai