Re: Problem with referenceable sections ("link sets")

Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> writes:

> ...I suppose *that* is why it's not being merged with the .text+.rodata
> P-section.  I guess somehow the AT statement for the .rodata section isn't
> being honored for the orphan..?  (The wacky paddr is probably what confuses
> objcopy -O binary so much, since it needs to write it all out linearly...
> I guess if I tried to load the S-record version of the image, it would
> simply do the wrong thing :-)

Well, yeah, an AT statement that applies to the .rodata section won't
be applied to other sections which are sorted with the .rodata
section.

For that to work I think you will need to explicitly mention the
section in your linker script.  Don't make it part of the .rodata
section, but sort it after the .rodata section.

Or you might be able to use memory regions.

Ian