Re: [RFA] Add stabs entries for coalesced symbols.

Klee Dienes <klee@apple.com> writes:

> The following patch adds definitions for Mac OS X -style coalesced
> symbols to aout/stab.def and stabs.texinfo.  For general documentation
> on coalesced symbols, search for N_BNSYM in the following link:
>
> http://web.mit.edu/darwin/src/modules/cctools/RelNotes/
> Private_CompilerTools.html
>
> I suspect there may be a better place to "Relocatable Symbol Blocks"
> section of the TeXinfo file, but I wasn't able to find it; I'm happy
> to  move it elsewhere in the document if someone can tell me a better
> place.

Coalesced symbols look quite similar to COMDAT sections (e.g.,
SEC_LINK_DUPLICATES_DISCARD).  They're called coalesced *symbols*, but
in BFD terminology they are really *sections*.  It would be nice if
you mentioned this in your new documentation.  Thanks.

Ian