Re: Problem with referenceable sections ("link sets")

Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 09:44:28PM -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
>  > > Could you point me at where to add the code to insert these symbols for
>  > > explicitly-listed C-referenceable sections?  This is where my eyes began
>  > > to glaze over before :-)
>  >
>  > That too is in gld${EMULATION_NAME}_place_orphan().  Search for
>  > __start.
>
> Yah, I see how it is done ... I just am not sure where to insert the
> assignment expression for explict input sections...

That only makes sense if the input sections are grouped, obviously.
But by default they will only be grouped if you put them into their
own output section, or if they are explicitly called out in the linker
script.  If you want to group them, and also put them into an output
section shared with other input sections, then you will need to change
place_orphan to look through the input sections associated with an
output section to find the right place in the output section.

Ian