Re: gas dwarf2 assert failure for misaligned sections?

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, DJ Delorie wrote:

> > > I tried to get the right file/line info, but by the time we're
> > > encoding dwarf2 info (esp wrt relaxing the dwarf2 frags), we've lost
> > > track of where the error really occurred.
> >
> > Correct line and file info should be in the frag being
> > processed.  Passing it or the frag through to out_inc_line_addr
> > to emit_inc_line_addr and doesn't help?
>
> I tried implementing this, but the frags were all empty (i.e.  both
> fr_file and fr_line were zero).
>
> Is it worth going further, and finding out where those frags are
> generated and fill them in?

Since you ask: yes. ;-)  Breaking after allocating the frag in
frag_new (or whereever) matching one of those addresses and
doing a backtrace in gdb to spot the caller seems easy enough
(looking from here).  With luck you'd catch some real issue too,
at the same time.

brgds, H-P