Re: gas warning fixes 8

Zack Weinberg wrote:

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> writes:

That said, perhaps we should have a variant of the unused attribute
that asks gcc to warn if it turns out to be used.  There are times
when this is actually what one would want from it.

I think a sane way to do that would be to add the C++
unnamed-parameter notation to C as an extension:

void foo (char *, char *)
{
}

is valid and defines foo with the signature void (char *, char *), but
the parameters are inaccessible within the function.

CodeWarrior allows this BTW, and its lack recently came up as a barrier
for CW users migrating their code to GCC.  It would also be a handy
way to make static inlines in a header equally palatable to C and C++
source files.

Stan