Re: How retarget GAS to a machine with big endian text section and little endian data section?

Hi Jie,

> I want to retarget GAS to a machine, using BFD version and ELF
> format. Its text section is big endian but its data section is
> little endian. What should I define TARGET_BYTES_BIG_ENDIAN, 1 or 0?

I am not sure of GAS and BFD will support such an architecture.

I  would suggest setting TARGET_BYTES_BIG_ENDIAN to 1 so that the
contents of the text sections are created correctly.  You can then
#define md_number_to_chars so that it behaves differently depending
upon whether 'now_seg' is a data section or not.  It *might* work.

> Is there some other machines with text section and data section in
> different endianess?

I do not know of any.

Cheers
        Nick