Re: _bfd_dwarf2_find_nearest_line returns wrong filename

On Wed, Jan 01, 2003 at 07:53:27PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:
>
> > It seems that the easiest way to avoid all this hassle would be to fix
> > bfd_simple_get_relocated_section_contents to work while linking.  This
> > was one of the uses it's intended for, I just hadn't figured out how to
> > make it work yet.  Probably you can solve most of the problem by saving
> > and restoring the section output offsets, output sections, and
> > reloc_done value within that function.
>
> Do you have a testcase where this does not work?  The patch below is
> tested on ppc-linux (native) and m68k-linux (cross), I haven't noticed
> something wrong yet, apart from a problem with the symbol table which
> I have solved by passing it down to
> bfd_simple_get_relocated_section_contents.
>
> Andreas.

Well, I don't like it as-is; at the least I'd want simple to handle
symbol_table == NULL.  I'm also worried about the clobbering of
reloc_done, and the fact that the link_info passed to
bfd_get_relocated_section_contents will have an empty hash table
instead of a populated one, since you don't add symbols to it.

Let me investigate this afternoon and see what I can figure out.  These
might not be real problems; if they are I should make them into
testcases :)

--
Daniel Jacobowitz