Re: PowerPC64 TLS ABI

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 05:37:14PM -0800, Richard Henderson wrote:
> At the moment Jakub has arranged for LinuxThreads to
> have its _pthread_descr at the negative offsets from
> the TP.

The question then is whether it's better to leave tp pointing at the
TCB, allowing one instruction offsets for 32K of the first thread
storage block and the _pthread_descr (I'm assuming that it's fixed in
size and less than 32K in size), or offset the tp allowing an optimum
instruction sequence for 64K of the first thread storage block?

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre