Re: Adding QNX core-file support to bfd

Hi Kris,

> The problem with this is that all of that code and the support functions for
> reading our registers, status, etc. is wrapped in #ifdef __QNXTARGET__ which
> is defined at configure time.  I believe that this is the sort of clutter
> that you want to avoid but unfortunately, we rely on some of our definitions
> and structures to extract the corefile information.

Using a target specific define does appear to be the way that all core
file types are supported by the bfd library, so you are not doing
anything unusual or unwarranted.  Since the header files that allow
the core file to be decoded are only available on certain targets, it
makes sense that the inclusion of that particular core file support be
dependent upon the host/build environment, and this environment is
determined at configure time.

Cheers
        Nick