Re: PATCH: allow PE executables to have an export table

 --- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote: > On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at
11:14:04AM +0000, Nick Clifton wrote:
> >Hi Danny,
> >
> >> This  patch breaks generation of relocateable output files
> >> (using -r switch), throwing error  in pe-dll.c (generate_reloc)
> >>
> >> Here is a testcase:
> >>
> >> /* foo.c */
> >> __declspec(dllexport) int foo() {return 1;}
> >>
> >> /* bar.c */
> >> __declspec(dllexport) int bar() {return 1;}
> >>
> >> gcc -c foo.c
> >> gcc -c bar.c
> >> ld -o foobar.o -r foo.o bar.o
> >>
> >> DJ: zero vma section reloc detected: `.text' #0 f=563
> >> DJ: zero vma section reloc detected: `.text' #0 f=563
> >
> >Hmm, I tried this today and did not have any problems.  Which version
> >of gcc are you using ?
>
> Is there anything new with this patch?  Has the assignment been received?
> Danny, I never saw an answer to Nick's question above.

Sorry, I forgot to cc binutils list with my reply to Nick. The reply was that
the bug appeares with current GCC CVS (and also with older versions) and
current binutils _with_ the uncommitted patch applied locally.  I have also
posted a fix for the -r bug to the original submitter so that it could be
incorporated in revised patch when assignment papers were in order

Danny

- What's on at your local cinema?