RE: New targets to Binutils for H8 series

Hi All,

Regarding, this thread, were some new targets added to Binutils?

The MAC registers are only present in the H8S/2600 Line.

h8300-elf-gcc also works correctly by generating MAC
instructions only when -ms2600 is specified. I found
these instructions when I ran the testsuite with
-O2 -ms -ms2600

Testcase gcc.c-torture/execute/va-arg-22.c

using this command :

h8300-elf-gcc -O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops  -finline-functions
-ms -ms2600 -mint32 -g va-arg-22.c

As the simulator is unable to simulate these instructions now,
I am thinking of adding that support. If we had special
targets especially for H8S/2600, then it would be easier to
map these registers only when the binary is for 2600.

As of now, I don't think, GDB or simulator can identify
specific series. The simulator seems to be capable of only
identifying a binary as h8300 or h8300h or h8300s.

Regards,

Venky