Re: Set USE_BRL in elfxx-ia64.c at run-time?

H. J. Lu wrote:
Right now, USE_BRL in elfxx-ia64.c is set at the compile time.
Shouldn't we change it a run-time option? Is that a good idea?

We could probably just remove the macro and emit BRL always. This will hurt Itanium1 performance, but anyone who cares about performance shouldn't be using an Itanium1 processor anyways. There probably aren't many people left with working Itanium1 machines.

I think some of the recent Red Hat Linux releases do this already.

Jim