Re: profiling API?

Stoned koalas drooled eucalyptus spit in awe as James Cownie declaimed:

> > I'd like to profile small(ish) portions of the execution of a
> > program rather than the whole thing as it has a few behaviour phase
> > changes and I want to profile one mode.
>
> I think what you're looking for is
>    moncontrol (int on);

yes!  that's exactly what I'm looking for, thankyou.  It appears to be
missing from sys/gmon.h (only has [__]monstartup, _mcleanup), but objdump
shows it to be exported from libc.

thanks muchly :)

William Brodie-Tyrrell

--
I wouldn't eat dolphin.  I refuse to eat anything smarter than me.
Which is why I abstain from broccoli.

<william at cs dot adelaide dot edu dot au>
http://www.cs.adelaide.edu.au/~william
Room 3034, Plaza Building