Re: [BFD] bfd_perform_relocation usage

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 06:01:38PM +0000, Stefan Beyer wrote:
> I should figure out BFD to make things easier.

Heh.  I suspect you'll find it easier not using BFD.  The trouble is
that bfd_perform_relocation relies on reloc "howto" structures being
able to completely describe how a relocation acts.  That is difficult
on some targets, so "howto"s tend not to be used by some of the BFD
back-end linkers.  What support there is for "howto"s on those
targets in patchy at best.

As to the specifics of ARM support for bfd_perform_relocation, I'll
leave that to one of the ARM maintainers to comment.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre